Ah, 2013. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way.
It was, like most years, pretty awkward.
Despite this fact, 2013 was the best year of my life. Though it is impossible to deny the fact that I’ve made several very, very questionable life decisions these last 12 months (see: christmas erotica), I feel like most of them are canceled out by all of the awesome things that have happened to me:
COOL THINGS THAT HAPPENED TO ME IN 2013
- I realized that my passion is bringing people happiness through writing and performing. Three cheers for my life having direction!
- I made a bunch of great friends that I will always treasure.
- I exited the warm embrace of the public schooling system and entered into the ~*Real World*~
- I started my first semester of college and I was really excited! And then some random boy asked me if I would twerk for him! And then I was marginally less excited!
- My writing became slightly less mediocre.
- I got the chance to travel and reconnect with some of my family members.
- I LEFT MY BASSOON BEHIND!
- Last but not least, I learned a lot about who I am as a person. I have a long way to go before I finally reach self-actualization, but I’m sure that I’m on the right track.
Thank you to everyone who has stood by my side for 2013, both on this blog and in real life. This is my way of saying thnks fr th mmrs. Here’s hoping that 2014 is full of even more weird/exciting/urine-related adventures!
See ya next year!